Neon tetra questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilmack07

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have the big yellow neon tetras. Will attach a pic so you can see exactly what they are. I have seen what I think are pink and blue version of them. I was wondering if I got a mix of the colors if they would school together? If not what other school of fish would look good with them maybe? I'm movin them to a 55 gallon and only have 3 of them and planned on upping their numbers to 7 or 10.

Attachments

• image-2503090772.jpg
    image-2503090772.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 208
Those aren't neon tetras at least whats commonly known as a neon tetra, Paracheirodon innesi

It looks like a white skirt tetra, Gymnocorymbus ternetzi. Either a yellow strain, but most likely died yellow.

Are you asking if these fish would school with the commnly known neon, Paracheirodon innesi? I would say, no.

Those are not neon tetras. I'm honestly not entirely sure what they are, but they are not neons. You may want to edit your title to attract more attention.

Those aren't neon tetras at least whats commonly known as a neon tetra, Paracheirodon innesi

It looks like a white skirt tetra, Gymnocorymbus ternetzi. Either a yellow strain, but most likely died yellow.

Are you asking if these fish would school with the commnly known neon, Paracheirodon innesi? I would say, no.

Oh that would make a lot of sense. Lol I've been confused on what they are. I was asking if they would school with these picture:

Attachments

• image-3745070450.jpg
    image-3745070450.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 98
Those are not neon tetras. I'm honestly not entirely sure what they are, but they are not neons. You may want to edit your title to attract more attention.

I didn't know that I'm sorry. I don't know how to change my title from my phone.

Oh that would make a lot of sense. Lol I've been confused on what they are. I was asking if they would school with these picture:

Hmmm. My guess is that these are all white skirt tetras and they are dyed. I may be wrong, but thats my guess. The only way to find out if they will school together is to put them all in your tank and see. If they are dyed, my guess is that they will, since they don't know which color they are (they don't have a mirror) and genetically they would all be the same. But, then again, I really have no idea about what I'm talking about.

If they do school together though, that would probably look really cool. I think its worth a shot.

Yup Skirt Terta but of the genetically modified with jelly fish genes to create the "GLOFISH" variety.

GLOFISH are now being created from Zebra Danios, Tetra, Tiger Barbs, and i heard that Angelfish are next... crazy stuff!

Wow that is pretty crazy/interesting. I didn't think I'd like these fish as much as I have. My boyfriend picked them out. But they are pretty entertaining. I am very excited to see what they will look like with the different colors. I shall let you know how it goes. :)

Back
Top Bottom