New 60 gallon tank. Fish help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spud2388

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So i picked up a 60 gallon with stand and light from petsmsrt a couple weeks ago. Already have it cycling and ammonia is still around 4ppm after a week and a half. So hopefully itll start dropping here soon. My question is my fish selection. I am looking at:
5 Cherry barbs
5 Albino cory cats
6 Neon tetras
7 Zebra danios
5 Red minor tetras

Steer me in the right direction. My tank is the taller/skinnier one from petsmart so i will be adding taller plants (fake) for the upper level fish if needed. Numbers can change as well and all suggestions welcome.

Also running aqueon 75 and 50 filters, aqueon 200w heater, and a bubble wall along the back.

How about a school of angelicus loaches! Or yoyo loaches, or zebra loaches! (Botia kubotai, almorhae, or striata) They're some of the best fish you can get in the entire hobby, in my opinion.

I would up the school of cory cats to at least 10, tetras to 0 and add a nice centerpiece fish, like an opaline gourami.

I like the idea of a larger centerpiece fish. Any other fish that are community friendly and larger? Two would be cool if they wouldnt eat the smaller fish.

I like the idea of a larger centerpiece fish. Any other fish that are community friendly and larger? Two would be cool if they wouldnt eat the smaller fish.

Well the loaches will get to around 6 inches so they collectively grab a lot of attention. You could do some sort of gourami or a pair of keyhole cichlids.

Back
Top Bottom