New chiclid tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justfishin17

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone I've got a 30 gallon up and running and I'm looking to start a chiclid tank. Any suggestions on what I could stock it with?

I found these. Not sure they are all suitable, hopefully they should be.
Lamprologus' brevis, Neolamprologus leleupi , Altolamprologus sp. "Compressiceps , brichardi, Pelvichromis pulcher, Gymnogeophagus australis , Gymnogeophagus meridionalis.

I definitely like the rams for sure. Are there any others that are as colorful and small as the rams?

I definitely like the rams for sure. Are there any others that are as colorful and small as the rams?
I know convict's aren't as colorful but are very fast, powerful and probably one of the most hardiest fish i know. Just be carfull when mixing them and male/female:)
They also go for cheap(y)

Choose based on your water parameters. You will find cichlids that live in the opposite extremes. African Rift Lakes will do well in hard water with a high pH and South Americans will do well in soft water with a low pH. There are West Africans that do well in low to neutral pH. Test your tap water and choose accordingly.

David

Choose based on your water parameters. You will find cichlids that live in the opposite extremes. African Rift Lakes will do well in hard water with a high pH and South Americans will do well in soft water with a low pH. There are West Africans that do well in low to neutral pH. Test your tap water and choose accordingly.

David

Thanks! That is definitely helpful!

Back
Top Bottom