New Cory Behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maxw47

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My panda cories have always been a little shy and hide under their rock/in the plants with the occasional playing in the front of the tank (pretty darn adorable). Just recently, I got a new hood (no lighting changes) which enabled me to put my fry refugium in the back of the tank. In the process, I moved my filtration and heating to the very right of the back side of the tank. Ever since I did that, the cories have been eagerly swimming up in the current of the filter by the glass near the top and then swimming back down. They repeat this over and over again. It looks like their just kind of having fun and following each other around. Has anybody had anything like this happen before? Is it normal of them? All of my params are normal and I haven't changed anything besides what I already said. Thanks for your input!

That is normal cory behavior. It sounds like whatever you changed helped them feel more comfortable. My cories will do the same thing in my bubble wall.

I will definitly be watching the temps. They are at the tanks norm right now. Maybe part of it is that I took out the plant behind their rock.

How many Corys do you have ???
Corys do play, but constant swimming up and down can also be stress. You say you took away their hiding spot ??

Most shy fish, the bigger the group and the more places to hide, the more you see them. Less stress = happy fish.

I have 3 cories. I wish that I could get more, but my tank is a tad overstocked as it is. I did npt take away their hiding spot. I took away a plant behind it. They still hide sometimes under the rock, but they are usualy just kind of following eachother around and the going up to the top of the tank to swim around in the current.

Back
Top Bottom