New Fish!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wilson_004

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Tonight i went to big als and got 3 bumblebee cichlids and a spotted pelco.Now all together i have those plus a yellow lab,dolphin,and peacock(not sure what kind he is but hes blue with a tint of red at the tip of his tail.My question is how many more can i put in?Its a 55 gal with a penguin 330 and a 170 running.Also what should i be feeding the pelco?

The pleco will appreciate algae tabs/wafers. You should feed one after lights are off, otherwise they will likely be outcompeted by the other fish over one algae tab. (Pleco's are mainly active at night).

Don't know how many more you may add, I have no experience with Africans, nor do I have any idea what size your filters are :)
Hope someone else will come along with more advice!

Is the Bumble Bee Cichlid a Maylandia Crabro? If so, a 55 gal tank is not large enough to house them in. Do you plan on upgrading to a larger tank in the future? They can be pretty aggressive so watch the labs and peacock.

Yea the bumblebees are Maylandia Crabro. I plan on getting a 125gal for my birthday in april, ive already noticed there agression but its only towards eachother,they dont bother any other fish.

You should check out the BigAls in Oakville, they have a great selection of fish. and way more plants to pick from then Centennial. Also the store itself makes Hamiltons store look small.

They also have the 125 Gal 30$ cheaper then Hamilton's.

Back
Top Bottom