New fish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LOACHY

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all this isn't for myself I have a 65 gal tank
My mothers having and operation and I've got an old 30l tank I want to set it up for her while she's in hospital so it's ready for when she comes out as a surprise I know it's all small but minimum maintenance is what I require . I know I won't get many fish in there but any suggestions on colourful fish to make the tank nice and how many would suggest

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I agree with the guppies too. I'm about to add some to my community for an injection of colour. How about
-10 zebra/spotted danios or neon danios
-4 or 5 male guppies (some females as well if you want fry)
-a couple of different coloured dwarf gouramis.
-5-6 peppered coryandas or a gold spot pleco or peppermint bristlenose or a few Borneo suckers
All relatively easy to set up, quite inexpensive and quite hardy (particularly the schoolers).
Be aware that I am projecting though!!!

That's a lot of fish for 30l Matt
I think you mistook it for 30gal haha

I was thinkin more along the lines of 6 neons 1 betta and a small colony of shrimp

I sure did! I've spent the last few weeks getting my head around gallons instead of litres on this forum! I'm still projecting when I say guppies though. I'm about to set up a 25litre with the hope of using it for guppy fry eventually. I can't believe I've not looked at guppies until yesterday!

Yea I can't realy say I've paid much attention to guppies I may give them a look, if you got any pictures of your guppies you'd like I share feel free to post them

I don't have any yet. Just boosting my plants for a bit more growth. if all goes to plan, then I'll get some in a couple of weeks (or tomorrow)...I'm also yet to take a photo of my fish that does any of them any justice!

That's a lot of fish for 30l Matt
I think you mistook it for 30gal haha

I was thinkin more along the lines of 6 neons 1 betta and a small colony of shrimp

I'm not 100% but a male betta may attack very colourful male guppies with flowing fins. Not an expert though.

I'm not 100% but a male betta may attack very colourful male guppies with flowing fins. Not an expert though.

That's been my experience. Not always but it's a possibility!

The betta and neons sound like a good way to go! I would worry that the the betta might snack on the shrimp but if you prepare enough hiding places for them, it should work. :)

Excellent I'll keep u updated :) thanks

Back
Top Bottom