New Venture- Angelfish. Tips?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah new fish are on complete hold until this is better. I am a bit ill over such a spike, I sure am glad I checked tonight!

I will probably have to do this a few times before things are right again. I will hope I can get fish still this pay :cat:

Well I did about a 50-60% and I retested cause I couldnt help it... it may be too soon to test it but I had to try.
new Peramiters:
pH- 6.6
Ammonia- 0.5
NitrAte- 10
NitrIte- 0

Should I wait a couple days retest and if they are still in that area do a 25-30% maybe?

Also I may have to look into the bleeding heart tetras! My favorite plant (that I can grow in my zone) is a bleeding heart <3

Well I did about a 50-60% and I retested cause I couldnt help it... it may be too soon to test it but I had to try.
new Peramiters:
pH- 6.6
Ammonia- 0.5
NitrAte- 10
NitrIte- 0

Should I wait a couple days retest and if they are still in that area do a 25-30% maybe?

I'd be testing twice a day if your tank is going through a mini cycle - you don't want your ammonia or nitrItes to rise above .5, and since you just replaced all the filter media, it will be pretty easy for those parameters to rise quickly.

Okay that I can do no problem. I should do water changes each time it rises? By what percentages? I kind of worry about doing another 50% so soon or is that okay with a cycling?

I get dumb when I get paniky over my animals haha sorry

I was wondering- As far as crushed coral for pH- what kind do you recommend? How much should I use? I read I could just add some to my filter?

Thoughts on lava rocks?

What does your KH test at? If it is fairly low as well, you could use baking soda. This will raise the ph and the kh both, and you probably have it on hand already.

you know... I am not sure if I ever tested for KH? its not even in the master test kit through API? XD

I found dip strips on the shelf st work I can pick up that jas gh & kh along with ph trates and trites from api :) ill check when I get home

What ratio? Also i have a snail do I need to move it?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't believe there's a set formula since you have to account for the buffers already present in the water. You'll probably have to do some trial and error, just go very slowly as to not cause wild ph swings.

Well everything seems to be back to order in my tank. My one rasnora is loosing color and twitching but he gets his color back and is fine. Not sure what thats all about he's been doing in for a few months now?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom