newly stocked tank : )

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thebluyak

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just wanted to show yall my new accupents and since no one has seen my new 36 g bow and stand here it is!

piranha003it5.jpg

piranha005np0.jpg

piranha008pp8.jpg

piranha009sj5.jpg

piranha012ku8.jpg

10 points if anyone can guess the fish, genus and species!

Interesting stand.........did you build it? I like how the doors interlock. Not crazy bout the wood grain running differently for each door though.

AHH so close, its a S. sanchezi. Yeah I built the stand and I didnt realize the wood grain was different ways till after I cut it, i know like DOAH what was I thinking. But yeah its a S. Sanchezi Piranaha i just got it this morning, poor thing has had a rough trip. fedex busted the box open and saw it was a fish and after it had no water they pulled it out and stuck it in a tupper ware container with water (thank god) and delivered it to me in a tupperware container. I never even got the box lol She hasnt eaten yet tho but thats not to surprising

I think the tank looks great.

Nice job on the stand to...looks great.I think the grain change fits nicely with the unusual cut and odd knob placement fwiw.Got a little natural chaos look thing going on.....Impressive imo.... even if on accident.

I hate to be the one to tell you this,but I think the light is a little too big....take some measurments to be sure,but I think it hangs over a little bit. ;)

HAHA yeah well that light was for a 55 gall just as the stand, bit it actually works quite well and puts out 80 watts over a 36g tank so other than looking really funny it works quite well.

Cheers

congrats on the survival. but seeing he/she's had a rough trip, i'd turn the lights off for a few days, or at least dim them to reduce stress.

surprisingly she is doing quite well with the lights on i had them off the entire first day and she is acting perfectly normal. her breathing has slowed to regular but i havnt been able to get her to eat yet so thats my next task.

How stupid must that delivery person felt coming up to the door with a tupperware container.

I feel bad for the little guy. :cry:

I wonder who the "lucky" employee was who pulled out a fish from a busted-open-box, likely not realizing it was a piranah!

Maybe the fish is not eating because he still has half a postal employee's finger in his gut...

8O

JohnPaul said:
I wonder who the "lucky" employee was who pulled out a fish from a busted-open-box, likely not realizing it was a piranah!

Maybe the fish is not eating because he still has half a postal employee's finger in his gut...

8O

Did the delivery person have all 10 fingers? :) Might be a good idea to feed him some peas for passing a phalanges.

lol he had all ten fingers. Thankfully they did pull her out of the box but the water wasnt dechlorintated so i dumped some prime in it before i even signed for the fish. I just got my ferts from greg watson today and i totally messed up my dose of P. nitrate so im doing a 80% water change to get it back to normal!

Back
Top Bottom