Odd pink danio (glo fish)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skibum3

Aquarium Advice Activist
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404523152.564341.jpg

So I have this ancient danio (nearly 4 years) and I noticed he started to get this bulge in his side or stomach. He swims and eats normally but just looks a little deformed... I attached a picture and you can kind of see what I mean. Has anyone else experienced this before? If so what was the outcome??

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Idk what it is. I had several glo fish I got from a tank I took over and eventually they all did that and died. No other issues w their tank makes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Haha ok thanks everyone

I guess it's just bad breeding

It is probably because they are injected with stuff. :/

It is probably because they are injected with stuff. :/

These aren't produced via injection. These are bio-engineered by splicing their DNA with the genes of jellyfish and coral that code for bioluminescence

I have a pink danio just like that I'm curious to see of she lives as long as the others of similar age to her.

The glo fish were actually made for testing for radioactive water I think. Now just cool fish. But I think they take away from the natural beauty found prior to the splice

Huh that's interesting. I will keep everyone posted !

I think it depends on who makes them. Some are injected. But either way splicing DNA or injecting with stuff can't be good for them. A friend of mine had some and eventually the color did fade/go away then they all got tumor-ish looking things and died.

The glo fish were actually made for testing for radioactive water I think. Now just cool fish. But I think they take away from the natural beauty found prior to the splice

I agree I regret buying her now, she stands out like a sore thumb. But regardless, she is here now and will live out her life with the rest of my assorted danios. But I won't buy an other one.

Back
Top Bottom