only 1 Black fin tetra left :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-=Jeff=-

Aquarium Advice Freak
when I set my tank up in 2005 I got 3 black fin tetras first

well I had one die this year in Jan I think

another died this past week.. with both I could tell they were going to go.. I think 5 years was pretty good for a rookie

My giant Danios also died this year cannot remember when but I noticed after the first one died the second, just seemed to want to give up, missed the other I think, I have had those since 2006

it is funny though, I am slowly moving to Semi-Aggressive fish from Community

Along with the one Black fin, I have 5 Silver Dollars, 2 Australian Rainbows, 2 Red Glass Barbs (they look yellow though) 2 Zebra Danios and a Chinese Algae eater, which actually seems to be doing a good job,

I think the rainbows are from the end of 2006, Zebras are from 2008 I think..

rest are from last year to about 3 months ago..

Rainbows are my biggest fish currently

Well I think that is pretty good , 5 years! I like semi aggressive fish as well, how long have you had the CAE for? I have read that those guys can get very mean when they get older?

wow thats really nice, longest thing i have ever taken care of is my pet hamster which i have had for over 6years, switching the 10g he is in into a fish tank was really though =[

but i am curious, the aqadvisor site keeps telling me, you need 5 of this species blah blah blah, was wondering if you are going to get more danios and barbs

Well I think that is pretty good , 5 years! I like semi aggressive fish as well, how long have you had the CAE for? I have read that those guys can get very mean when they get older?

Well, so far the CAE seems to be leaving others alone.. I think I got him between 9-12 months ago. I should keep a list somewhere.. I had 5 Tiger barbs, but they did not fair well in the tank, maybe my CAE ate them as they were small and stayed at the bottom. either way no other real issues yet

between my tank and both kids having 10 Gal tanks, it keeps us busy..

wow thats really nice, longest thing i have ever taken care of is my pet hamster which i have had for over 6years, switching the 10g he is in into a fish tank was really though =[

but i am curious, the aqadvisor site keeps telling me, you need 5 of this species blah blah blah, was wondering if you are going to get more danios and barbs

not replacing the Giant Danios..

As for he rest, the 2 Zebra Danios are fine together same with the barbs..

stay status quo in the tank.. I do want a couple more fish, but not sure what

well it seems like you have a lot of peaceful fish, maybe swordtails =] they are really great and beautiful ^_^ would get along quite well with what you have in your tank

uhmm swordtails can get up to 4inches, i dont know the size of your tank so i would say go for it ^_^ they make a great addition to what you have already!

uhmm swordtails can get up to 4inches, i dont know the size of your tank so i would say go for it ^_^ they make a great addition to what you have already!

Really? never realized that, Although they say the Silver Dollar will get to 6 inches.. but they don't look like they have gotten any bigger then when I got them in March

Back
Top Bottom