Oscar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscar26

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone !!! Out of interest what other fish are ok to live with oscars ?

That depends on the size of tank you have planned for the Oscar and his/hers tankmate(s). Assuming you have a large tank in mind, other aggressive S. American Cichlids are the natural choice. They should be similar sized (as juveniles to adult). I had an Oscar, Arrowana, huge pleco, with a Jack Dempsey for years and they did fine.

Big fish! My 3 oscars live happily with a Pleco, I've often thought about adding something else to the tank , but everyone seems happy in there!

cheers , my 4 oscars are 2,5 inch at the min . in a 165 ltr tank , but will soon be going in a 330ltr tank , and after that i will probs expand further , at the min i got 2 165ltr tanks , only useing one at the min tho , until more room is needed.

yeah. one oscar = 55 gal, 2= 75 gal min, 3 = 100gal min, 4 = 125min.
this is min, but im sorry to say at least one will get killed due to territory and pairing off when they reach sexual maturity.
its possible that only one will survive.
tank mates arent much of an option except plecos whien they get big.
atm theyd be fine with alot of cichlids, mine are happy friends with the four RZ juvies i put in there as feeders. but i know that wont be for long....
curiosity, what kind of oscars have u got? xx

aww! pics of each! pics of mine on my profile hehe.
i suggest rehoming one as soon as the others show bad bullying and chasing off towards it, to save its life xx

Yeh the plan is only to keep 2 if they pair up , and I already hav homes if needed for any ov them which is good to no ,

be stupid not to lol im new to fish keeping but hav a mate to help so lucky really

I've kept both Pacu and Pearl Gaurami's with them in the past. However as stated, once they become full size you'll have territorial issues regardless of tank size.

Back
Top Bottom