Overcoming test kit frustrations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I believe there is a product that tests it all digitally but is very expensive. I've seen one before and for the price, I would rather be a shade off on the good ol $12 Master Test Kit.

$12?! I paid $25 - where do you shop? (LoL - I bet it's this cheap all over the 'net - DOH!)

I actually paid $40 for ours at the lfs (stupid mistake). When we ordered from www.bigalsonline.com for supplies for the new 150, we just picked up another Aquarium Pharmacuticals Master Test Kit for $12.99. We almost bought 2 for that price!

geez...i paid $36 at big al's...and i already broke 2 tubes...i guess i tried too hard to dry them up and too close to the edge of the sink! :roll: and ive only had the test kit for 3 weeks...i guess i better check at work if i can "borrow" some...

$36 for a Aquarium Pharmacuticals Master Test Kit? I just went to their website and they are actually $11.99 now, not $12.99.

Jeez, I'm gonna buy a bunch from their website and sell em for $20 outside my lfs.

I had that thought once. You could make alot of money doing it that way. It still amazes me at how many people still buy the test strips. They sell around here for $16 for a pack of 20. Even buying the master test kit at $40, you are still going to be WAY ahead. The master test kit is supposed to have 700 uses. So, if you think about it. Master Test Kit = $40/700 uses = $.06 per testing Strips = $16/20 uses = $.80 per test. To buy enough test strips to equal up to the $40 master test kit, it would cost you $560! WOAH BABY! I hope my math is correct there.

test strips=Lazy to wash the tube ppl... :D :D :D

But i always tempted to buy test strips (1 dip n know all value..).. if only the price is right :lol: :lol: :lol:

patagonia said:
geez...i paid $36 at big al's...and i already broke 2 tubes...i guess i tried too hard to dry them up and too close to the edge of the sink! :roll: and ive only had the test kit for 3 weeks...i guess i better check at work if i can "borrow" some...

no need to jeopardize the carreer by borrowing materials, you can buy the AP test tubes at big als or petsolutions seperately. I can't remember the price, but a couple of bucks for a dozen sounds right. And the borrowed ones won't have the little line to show how much to fill it (unless you work at a fish store?)

hmmm...and if i fill the tube from the test kit up to the line and then transfer that to the new one and mark the outside with a permanent marker? would that be ok? big al already took a lot of money out of my pocket for things i didnt even need...but i guess thats my fault..for not doing the proper research before getting into something huh? hehe...

Back
Top Bottom