parrot fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vindogg

Aquarium Advice Regular
My parrot fish is developing black spots can any body help on what n why this is?

Hello vin, black spot cannot be cured, remove the fish before the disease spreads

Well what are your water readings? What size tank, temp. etc. One thing that came to mind was ammonia burn.

Well not taken any readings yet I have had to do a filter change because my old one broke few days ago. Im intending to do my tests after 24 hours iv not long bin using my new filter, about two hours.

I seen this problem develope yesterday and notice it has worsened a little today.

Tank temp is 27 degrees
Tank size 130lt

Picture not so good

ForumRunner_20121022_202021.jpg

That's perfectly normal. They're called stress spots. Each one of my blood parrots got them when I first brought them home.nit is not contagious and will fade with time. They can be the result of stress, poor water quality, and other solvable issues. Just feed him a good diet and keep up on your water changes and they should be gone soon.

Oh ok that makes sense as my tanks gone through a murky couple of days. Thanks.

What would be the best diat for my fish other than flake food to use along side my frozen food?

Well I feed cichlid pellets but I soak them in water before I feed so they sink and are easier for them to eat. But mine also love krill. Flakes are ok too but I find they get more from the pellets.

Back
Top Bottom