Planning for my future fish selections

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishenthusiast

Aquarium Advice Addict
With some tetras in my tank getting old, I'm beginning to think of replacements for them for when they die. This would be my fish stock without them (some of following fish are not in my tank at the moment like the shrimp and some additional Threadfin Rainbowfish)

10 Threadfin Rainbowfish (5 males and 5 females)

5 Amano Shrimp

2 Assassin Snails

2 Panda Garra

1 Ram (female)

6 Cory Cats

Here are the fish that I'm considering:

Neon Tetra
Cardinal Tetra
Diamond Head Neon Tetra
Green Fire Tetra
Furcata Rainbowfish
Harlequin Rasbora
Cherry Barbs
Pencilfish
X-Ray Pristella Tetra
Mosquito Rasbora

What are your opinions? Tell me what your favorites are.

I have a 45 right now filled with tiger barbs and cory catfish(1:1 ratio) a redfin black shark a pair of balloon mollies and a few serpae tetras. And While I love the tigers and serpaes(they are never NOT up to something) Id LOVE a school of Silver Dollars, with a few gouramis for color. But I have tiger barbs. :nono:

I have harlequins and neons in a 20H tank. They make a nice display and school up very well. In hindsight though I'd rather have had cardinals but the neons were on sale for a dollar apiece! :)

As the old fish die out, you can replace them with Serpae tetras....they are a bright red and are always playing tag amonghst themselves. They act kind of like tiger barbs tho, so gont put them with long fin stuff. The upside of them tho is that I am certain they dont eat plants.

As the old fish die out, you can replace them with Serpae tetras....they are a bright red and are always playing tag amonghst themselves. They act kind of like tiger barbs tho, so gont put them with long fin stuff. The upside of them tho is that I am certain they dont eat plants.

I couldn't get those because of my Threadfin Rainbowfish. They would pick at them, and although they are colorful, I I would want something that is very peaceful. Thanks anyway

I have harlequins and neons in a 20H tank. They make a nice display and school up very well. In hindsight though I'd rather have had cardinals but the neons were on sale for a dollar apiece! :)

I'm leaning on Cardinal Tetras, but I've never kept Rasboras before, so it would be cool to get them.

Here is my updated list of fish that I'm considering:

Cardinal Tetra
Furcata Rainbowfish
Harlequin Rasbora
Pencilfish (don't know what type)
Mosquito Rasbora
Red Phantom Tetra
Black Phantom Tetra
Dwarf Neon Rainbowfish

Fish that were eliminated from the list:

Neon Tetra
Diamond Head Neon Tetra
Green Fire Tetra
Cherry Barbs
X-Ray Pristella Tetra

Here is my updated list of fish that I'm considering:

Cardinal Tetra
Furcata Rainbowfish
Harlequin Rasbora
Pencilfish (don't know what type)
Mosquito Rasbora
Red Phantom Tetra
Black Phantom Tetra
Dwarf Neon Rainbowfish

Fish that were eliminated from the list:

Neon Tetra
Diamond Head Neon Tetra
Green Fire Tetra
Cherry Barbs
X-Ray Pristella Tetra

I have decided on what fish I plan to get in the future: Harlequin Rasboras! Before I finalize this decision, I have a few questions to ask about them. Would they do fine in a tank that would have the heater in the 78-81 degrees Fahrenheit range? Where do they school in the tank? Also, what is your favorite color variety? Also, note that I'll have a plant that is native to their waters in my tank. I'll have many varieties of Cryptocoryne.

Back
Top Bottom