planting a 29 gallon high after cycling?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
allaboutfish said:
darn even with dense vegetation? id really like a cleaner in my tank, but i can add anymore fish, and snails eat plants.

My snails don't eat plants. They munch the algae off them, but that's about it. If you want to try shrimp, get some ghost shrimp, they're like 8 cents each at my LFS (feeders?).

what kind of snails do you have i was thinking about mystery considering those are the only ones i have seen?

allaboutfish said:
MTS? what are these and where can i get these? (i only know where petsmart and petco are so theyd have to be from there)

Malaysian Trumpet Snails. I got a few free with plants I bought at walmart and they have snails too, but not sure what kind. Petco/petsmart has MS but not nerites (that I know of).

EDIT: Most LFS consider the MTS bad to have so you can get them for free. I was ready to pay for them, so go figure lol. Get 2-3 IMO.

yea walmart has mystery snails, but when i stick i think ill go with trumpet snails thanks! oh and how many should i get?

also these reproduce asexually so do i have any predators to eat them bc they will surely overpopulate my tank?

allaboutfish said:
also these reproduce asexually so do i have any predators to eat them bc they will surely overpopulate my tank?

I've read that it's possible, but people here have said they didn't have problems with them. I'll take real life experience over what may be, any day.

Which is why I don't believe everything the Internet says unless the person who made the site has raised everything on it

Just to add in here to what someone was saying before, 29 high is perfectly suitable for tetras. I have a 30" long, 18" high 29 (which is really just a regular 29, not that high at all), and it's plenty long to provide swimming room.

Rosenweiss said:
Just to add in here to what someone was saying before, 29 high is perfectly suitable for tetras. I have a 30" long, 18" high 29 (which is really just a regular 29, not that high at all), and it's plenty long to provide swimming room.

And I would like to point out that I did take that back after thinking about it for a bit. The only reason I said that was because 6 of them would need a lot of summit and schooling space and the original poster said he wanted the plants around the tank so that also all depends

Hobgob said:
I do t know where they are from but you cod try some hatchet fish, and ive been thinking you tank would be fine as long as you have open space and it not all filled up with rocks and also try to put your plants near the edge of you aquarium

That's what Ment when I said the tank would be fine was the bht

im definently gonna have swimming space mostly swimming space the only tings im thinking of putting in there are some water lilys from walmart 3 for the back and some something nana (cant remember the actually name)

allaboutfish said:
im definently gonna have swimming space mostly swimming space the only tings im thinking of putting in there are some water lilys from walmart 3 for the back and some something nana (cant remember the actually name)

Are the real Lilly pads an walkways around here don't sell fish anymore

Back
Top Bottom