planting a 29 gallon high after cycling?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
See I can't find one in London that still sells them, not like I'd go there and by fish though.

yea but it's better theyre getting rid of them bc ive seen one around here with a 5in goldfish in a 5 gallon tank.

allaboutfish said:
yea but it's better theyre getting rid of them bc ive seen one around here with a 5in goldfish in a 5 gallon tank.

I'll buy plants and equipment at Walmart or Petco/Petsmart but never any fish. They treat them badly and if I buy even one that just means they'll bring one in to suffer in its place.

yea see ive started to buy localy to i have 1 cory from petsmart and two from a place called jackson's pets. i also found two fish stores pretty close to me i visited one yesterday and today i might look at the other to seee what they have i was glad for once to not see dead fish on the bottom of the tank, and one thing made me feal like they cared about theyre fish bc they had some kind of shark and it looked like it had it's tail bitten off and they had it in a toatally different tank all by itself. oh and they have pretty good deals i saw a 55 gallon olus beautiful stand and top for 125.00 used

allaboutfish said:
yea see ive started to buy localy to i have 1 cory from petsmart and two from a place called jackson's pets. i also found two fish stores pretty close to me i visited one yesterday and today i might look at the other to seee what they have i was glad for once to not see dead fish on the bottom of the tank, and one thing made me feal like they cared about theyre fish bc they had some kind of shark and it looked like it had it's tail bitten off and they had it in a toatally different tank all by itself. oh and they have pretty good deals i saw a 55 gallon olus beautiful stand and top for 125.00 used

My lfs has a saltwater shark like an actual shark you would get eaten by if it was bigger!!! They had one before but they had to relocate the store

off topic but when should i vacume my sand? bc if i dont see anythng on the surface i shouldnt have to right? bc nothing sinks down.

Ya it just shows how much they know I guess. You can ways tell how good a store is by their display tank

off topic but when should i vacume my sand? bc if i dont see anythng on the surface i shouldnt have to right? bc nothing sinks down.

Even if you don't see anything, you should gravel vac at least twice a month. You never know what gets down there and you'll need to stir up the sand frequently to prevent toxic gas bubbles from forming underneath.

Actually, you should probably do it once a week even, just to stir it up.

allaboutfish said:

Correct, sand isn't like gravel where junk falls below the surface so if you have a good cuc, they'll do the job for you and as for the anaerobic gasses? At best that's a long shot and I have yet to come across anyone that's had it happen in their tank. When you do PWC, it's good to vac it but you don't need to go outside of your normal routine to do it.

Here's what I use to clean my sand on my 8g betta tank and it works great.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110422_111053.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110422_111053.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 46
Back
Top Bottom