Plants with silver dollars?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sambo7475

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone know of plants that my silver dollars will leave alone? I'm wanting to get some low light plants that will survive the silver dollars. I tried crypts on my lfs owner's best guess, but they're stripped down to a few leaves. This is in my 55g, 2 AC110s filters, 2 15w T8 fluorescent bulbs for light. Populated with 2 silver dollars, 5 red rainbows, 12 harlequin rasboras, 10 neon tetras, 5 scissortail rasboras, 4 cories, and a dojo loach. I know I'm overstocked, but I am religious with water changes and over filtration. Anything else that would be helpful let me know.

Silver dollars will eat on any plant. Even Anubia, Java Ferns, and Bolbitus which are generally not eaten by fish due to their tough leaves are rarely left alone by Silver dollars especially when they mature.

Sigh. That's what Jeremy told me, but I was hoping someone had some type of plant that they had found would work. It's ok I guess I'll live with the plastics. Thanks for the advice

Try silk plants they look a little more real than plastic. I tried real with silverdollars and had the same they ate everything.

I tried the silk for a while, but I didn't like the way they looked. Personal preference I guess. My silvers are about 5 inches nose to tail at this point, so I'll make do with plastic for now. Thanks for the info.

I tried the silk for a while, but I didn't like the way they looked. Personal preference I guess. My silvers are about 5 inches nose to tail at this point, so I'll make do with plastic for now. Thanks for the info.

Yep personal preference LOL My severums will devour a plant in like 10mn. and they even shred the edges of the silks if they dont pull them up first.

Back
Top Bottom