Please HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlaseMrNiceguy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
K so yesterday I see one of my platies floating in my 20 gallon I have had for 3+ months. Tested water ammonia was through the roof and ph was 6.0- so I did 60+ pwc and waited a day just did my tests ph 7.2 ammonia still off the charts as well as nitrates my best guess is to do another massive water change and test to see what happens. The dead platy had virtually no fins ( but had probably been sitting for a few hours dead ) a few other fish show signs of possible fin problems but could be caused by stress due to water parameters. Any other input would be great doing another pwc as we speak.

BlaseMrNiceguy said:
K so yesterday I see one of my platies floating in my 20 gallon I have had for 3+ months. Tested water ammonia was through the roof and ph was 6.0- so I did 60+ pwc and waited a day just did my tests ph 7.2 ammonia still off the charts as well as nitrates my best guess is to do another massive water change and test to see what happens. The dead platy had virtually no fins ( but had probably been sitting for a few hours dead ) a few other fish show signs of possible fin problems but could be caused by stress due to water parameters. Any other input would be great doing another pwc as we speak.

How many fish are in this 20? I always test my water every other day. Just to keep an eye on it. What other kind of fish do you have? What kind of dechlorinator are you using? What's the temp?

I would also add some prime and salt. Salt to keep fish swimming ok and prime to get rid of ammonia. Prime is some helpful stuff! Good luck! Also his questions ^

Your filter has not set up yet. Hazardes to fish environment. I would pre-check your home water supply, It may be pre ammoniated.

Monkey Magic said:
Definaetly add some sea chem stability or prime or cycle anything like that will help i saw results within 2 days of using it

Also what fishie said add some salt it dosent have to be aqaurium just make sure its iodine free and add an airator that helps the bacteria along

Back
Top Bottom