Please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jbar

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok fellow fish experts. I have an issue in my 65 gallon.

A few days ago all chemical signs were good. Nitrates were a little high so did a 50% water change and obviously cut it in half. Also vacuumed gravel and always use prime with every wc.

Now today ammonia is beginning to spike and nitrates are out of control again but no nitrites. Attached is a picture.

Any suggestions?
IMG_0178.JPG

Tell us more about your tank, stocking etc. Also, have you tested your water from the tap? Sometimes that can be what's throwing your tank out of whack

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sorry for the delay.

I have 2 HOB filters.
Penguin 350
Penguin 200

Stocking: All Juveniles about 1"-1.5"
8- Dwarf Gouramis
3- Bristlenose Plecos
3- Clown Loaches (to be transferred over to my new 125 gal when it's ready)

And a picture of the tap water

IMG_0180.JPG

Sorry for the delay.

I have 2 HOB filters.
Penguin 350
Penguin 200

Stocking: All Juveniles about 1"-1.5"
8- Dwarf Gouramis
3- Bristlenose Plecos
3- Clown Loaches (to be transferred over to my new 125 gal when it's ready)

And a picture of the tap water

View attachment 296832

Forgot to mention I live in Phoenix, Arizona and we have very hard water here.

How long has it been set up and did you cycle first?

I had the tank set up for over a month running before adding the fish 2 weeks ago.

After reading a lot on this forum and doing my research I started off all wrong and trusted other people at the lfs store. They did the first test and since then I have taken upon myself to do the testing with the masterkit. So I'm going to assume it's not fully cycled, added to many fish at one time, etc. But yours and anybody else's input would really help me figure out what could be going on.

Haven't lost any fish yet and don't plan on it! Haha

I'll be honest, I haven't had to cycle a tank for almost ten years, but I'd say keep testing, keep the food to a basic minimum and water changes, water changes and water changes while you finish the cycle

Back
Top Bottom