Pleco's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cauterox04

Aquarium Advice Activist
Which Pleco's besides the bristle nose don't grow to be as large as normal Pleco's and do a decent job keeping the tank clean

None, they're all filthy poop machines, awesome none the less, baby bristle noses with clean glass to an extent.. I keep mine purely because I like the way the look and act..

What type of cleaner do you want?

If you're talking about cleaning leftover food, then you can have scavengers.
Cory's and shrimps do a good job in scavenging.
(remember that cory's do best in a group of 6 or more)

If you're talking about algae, then pleco's or algae eaters would be good.But most pleco's grow real big right?
I've read somewhere that most livebearers also eat algae :D
Or you might consider having a planted tank to avoid the growth of algae.
Goodluck on your tank!

I have a red tail shark he will take care of left over food I was talking about algee

Ok well since were in the subject if algae;) what's your lighting and wc schedule?

It's not even bad I just wanted a something that would take care of it before it got bad you know

I hear ya.. Get a tiny tiny baby bn and it will clean your glass for a month or two.. How long do you have the lights on? Live plants?

Rubber lips stay small, as do many of the fancy plecos. They are a higher bio load fish though

I have live plants and like 15 hours a day for the lights I had a clown pleco but it honestly did nothing so I got rid of it. It just hid in a cave

Back
Top Bottom