Plecostomus has bloated stomach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bronopol, formaldehyde, benzalkonium chloride, anti internal bacs

Can't tell you what's in octozin? My dead looking fish is swimming about.

Malachite, accriflavine, quinine sulphate. White spot treatment.

Melaleuca, external bacterial infections.

Edit, that's the contents of my medical kit.

An antibiotic is a medicine that inhibits the growth of or destroys bacteria (not viruses). The first antibiotic was penicillin which is a fungus.

This is what I found, I'm not a doctor.

Antibiotics, also known as antibacterials, are types of medications that destroy or slow down the growth of bacteria. The Greek word anti means "against", and the Greek word bios means "life" (bacteria are life forms).

Antibiotics are used to treat infections caused by bacteria. Bacteria are microscopic organisms, some of which may cause illness. The word bacteria is the plural of bacterium.

Antibiotics, also known as antibacterials, are types of medications that destroy or slow down the growth of bacteria. The Greek word anti means "against", and the Greek word bios means "life" (bacteria are life forms).

Antibiotics are used to treat infections caused by bacteria. Bacteria are microscopic organisms, some of which may cause illness. The word bacteria is the plural of bacterium.

There is much debate whether bacteria and viruses. Especially viruses are actually alive and we can classify as similar to plants and animals. But certainly bacteria are more life forms than viruses.

There is much debate whether bacteria and viruses. Especially viruses are actually alive and we can classify as similar to plants and animals. But certainly bacteria are more life forms than viruses.

I'm not debating it, that's what I found, I've never looked into it until about five posts ago.
I thought until now that they were both alive.
I asked for a definition, got one, provided info I found.
Doesn't concern me really. Fish are alive because I use store bought anti bacteria that apparently aren't anti bacteria?
Like I said at top of the post from which I was quoted, I am not a doctor.
I'm not a micro biologist, that's a debate for them not me.

Back
Top Bottom