Problem's with 5gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kalamatas

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 5 gallon tank where used to live a male beta and i had to put a2,5 inch pleco in, because he had problems with a senegal bichir in another tank...i put him in the small tank to grow up a little....this morning i found the betta on the carpet he had jumped out of the tank:(:( ( the tank was covered, it has only 1cm space where the fish could have jumped off). i think the pleco is trying to jump too....maybe something is not going well with the water...i did change the water 5 days ago,and i did it this morning too... i had a cucumber for the pleco for two days in the tank...may that have polluted the water??? what should i do, i dont have ammonia tests and petshops are closed for 2 days...

Start changing water. Plecos are poop factories and you've probably overloaded the biofilter a bit. 50% daily until you can test will likely be enough to keep any toxins at acceptable levels. Sucks to lose a fish but these things happen.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom