Puffer fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What kind of puffers? Many of the "FW" puffers are actually brackish fish when they're grown although, in the wild, they do make forays into fresh water. I keep my green spotted puffer in full salt water...they seem to do better that way. Most puffers are not very tolerant of tankmates and will fin nip. They have the equipment to nip with too...a decent sized one can take a pretty good chunk out of a finger. Although it may be possible to keep these fish with AF cichlids, I would not recommend it...I don't think there's a good chance of success. JMHO.

man IMO I wouldn't. I have a greenspotted puffer FW, and though small he is one tough dude. Though no scales, they are well armored, and they actually have teeth (parrot teeth). They, like the cichlids are also pretty hot tempered.. and besides they'll prob pick the fights.. they love fin nipping. Also be wary of which puffer is poisonous, I know not all of them are but it would stink for you to loose two fish! Thats the funny thing about puffers... its a win win situation! But yeah I would say nay to the combo, but if you really feel adventurous, do some research on the puffers to see which is best tempered and which will cause the less damage to your fish or vice versa.

Back
Top Bottom