question about Cory and Ebo Jager heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kiki

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is it important to have the Cory in even numbers?
I have a 10g tank with Cories only. The tank is stocked with 2 Pygmy, 2 Bronze, 2 Pepper and 1 Panda. Everytime I get new Panda, the old one dies. So I decided to give up on keeping Panda Cory. In your experience, does one cory get lonely if you have odd number of cories. I was thinking gettting an Albino Cory to keep the Panda company until the Panda dies. I read that Albino Cory is quite hardy.

Their main diet is Nutrafin Max sinking tablet. How many tablet(s) would you feed each day? All cories are 1 inch or less.

My Ebo Jager heater has writing of "do not immerse beyond the water line". But I saw the pet shop put the heater under water. Is Ebo Jager heater an under water heater?

Thanks.

I've heard about cories getting lonely and eventually dieing, but I don't think there has been a direct link proven. Panda cories are not the hardiest of the cories as well. They really do best in large groups of their own kind. You might be better off buying two or three more panda cories to go with your single one. Or take the one panda cory back and get the albino cories. I have 4 bronze cories in the 55 gallon tank and I drop about 6 pellets in for them (because the other fish like the pellets as well). You might want to consider varying their diet with algae waffers and shrimp pellets, or even some frozen bloodworms. It will help them stay healthy and live longer.

If your heater says not to submerge it, than don't. I'm sure the one at the fish store is different. If not, then they are just luck IMO.

HTH!!!

kiki, I've had this problem many times too! Pandas are my favourite cory, but *every* time I introduce new ones (after purchasing from an excellent LFS and quarantining first), the panda(s) already in the tank dies within a few days. I'm at a total loss to explain it...

I know I'm not being much help, but at least you know it's not just you!

Back
Top Bottom