question about peas...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justagal30

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all...

Being new to the fish keeping hobby, i have been reading many posts in this forum and i have a couple of questions...

I have read that people give their fish peas for constipation....is it only good to give the peas if constipation is suspected, or would it be good to do as a precautionary measure? Also, is there anything else that the fish should eat besides flake food and blood worms to make them happy?

Thanks all, and this is a wonderful site!!

Once a week I give my fish either zucchinis or peas. They don't have to be constipated to enjoy the peas. Just take the outer shells off. Also with the zucchini remove the seeds cause most fish won't eat em and they'll mess up the tank. I never met a fish that didn't like frozen stuff....bloodworms, krill, plankton, brine shrimp. Many love algae wafers. In the winter I feed my fish live earthworms from the backyard. Occasionally I also throw pinhead crickets in the tank and the hatchetfish especially love those.

I feed crushed shelled peas to my fish all the time. It's funny to watch. The fish go crazy with anticipation when I approach the tank and open the lid. They tear into the floating bits of peas, but then they stop and spit it out when they realize it's not the usual flake food. Having decided it's not too bad, they continue their usual feeding frenzy. :mrgreen:

lol Qtoffer sounds like fun to me

i feed mine the usual cucumber and sinking algae wafers for my algae eaters, frozen bloodworms, sinking food and flakes for the rest

I haven't fed peas in ages, but yes they are fine even if the fish isn't constipated. Daphnia is another good food to feed if the fish seem constipated/bloated.

Back
Top Bottom