Quick question :-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jade10

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey just wonderd if anyone could shed some light on why my tank has more alge than usual? I'm not doing any different , my sucker seems to be getting lazy lol, any info would be apreciated, thank you :)

Sorry yeh, it's a bristle nose plec , and its a 125ltr tank a good filter, not really sure on the type of alge, it comes off with an alge magnet tho, no I don't use fertiliser , is it something I need?

Attachments

• image-3288546278.jpg
    image-3288546278.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 40
The light is on from bout 5.30 at night till around 10ish, it's a jewel rio tank and the light came with it :)

Jade10 said:
Sorry yeh, it's a bristle nose plec , and its a 125ltr tank a good filter, not really sure on the type of alge, it comes off with an alge magnet tho, no I don't use fertiliser , is it something I need?

I'm no pleco expert but I'm pretty sure that's not a bristlenose.
http://www.aquaticscape.com/articles/algae.htm
This will help with the ID of the algae.
What's the bulb say? Do you have live plants? How olds the tank?

Hey thanks for that link, think it looks like spot alge, I am not at home tonight so I can't check, I do have live plants some busy ones and leafy ones they seem to be coping fine in the tank and the fish seem happy.
really that's what the guy at the pet shop called it :-o ill have to find out what it really is, I'll post a better pic of the plec.
Thanks again for that link :)

Attachments

• image-3729223141.jpg
    image-3729223141.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 38
The tank is a few years old a friend had it up and running but I've had it running 5-6 months now

Back
Top Bottom