rainbows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jagwa

Aquarium Advice Regular
hey. i was wondering if i could keep 3 boesmani rainbows or more in my current setup(the one in my signiture). How many could i keep? and are they known to cause any damage to plants? cheers ;)

I wouldn't put Boesmani's in less than a 48" tank. I did keep them in a 36" tank while they were small, but they do like to swim. I keep them in my planted tank with no issues.

There are some smaller species, however, that would do fine in there. Dwarf, Furcatas, Celestials, etc.

I agree, they won't bother the plants, but would like a little more room once they get bigger. Is the tank 36"? Praecox rainbows stay smaller and would be OK in a 36" tank. All rainbows like to be in schools, the more fish the better. With some of the smaller species you could have a nice school or 5 or 6. With the praecox I'd stick to 3 or 4.

yes, it is a 36" tank. does anybody have any ideas for a colourful 3" (not really mad about the Praecox Rainbow) fish that can be kept in groups of about 4. preferably something that swims near the top.

Back
Top Bottom