replacing bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishdud

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Is it necessary to replace the bulbs on a fixture? If so, when and why? I got my t5ho fixture around may

It's necessary to replace them if they burn out. Since this isn't in the planted tanks forum, I guess it's safe to assume there's no plants? IF not, no need to replace them until they burn out. If you do have plants, somewhere between a year and 18 months is when they start going bad. Sometimes, you'll just notice reduced plant health. Sometimes you'll notice increased algae. It's best to replace them before it gets to that point.

mfdrookie516 said:
It's necessary to replace them if they burn out. Since this isn't in the planted tanks forum, I guess it's safe to assume there's no plants? IF not, no need to replace them until they burn out. If you do have plants, somewhere between a year and 18 months is when they start going bad. Sometimes, you'll just notice reduced plant health. Sometimes you'll notice increased algae. It's best to replace them before it gets to that point.

There's plants, my profile pic is my tank. I thought since I wasn't talking about plants I thought it'd be Okay to put it here.

Back
Top Bottom