Save a fish day!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a bit of hard work you put in there. I HATE that when life gets you caught up in something and something slides- but you don't get away with it.

That's a bit of hard work you put in there. I HATE that when life gets you caught up in something and something slides- but you don't get away with it.
Yeah, but I'm not one to give up. Don't look like my angel will give up either. Poor little thing.

Yeah, but I'm not one to give up. Don't look like my angel will give up either. Poor little thing.
Make sure that you didn't misunderstand me about using Ammolock, you'll still have water changes and work to do, but if you use Ammolock to get rid of chlorine and chloramine, it does give the advantage of detoxifying ammonia until the bacteria can do their job. I love the stuff and order th 16 oz bottles at a time. Type Ammolock into Google and you'll get a myriad of comparable prices and companies like Chewey and Amazon and Walmart to order it from. Once in awhile, I even luck out and find free shipping.

No, I don't like to put a lot of stuff in my tanks. And my water changes are always #1 on my list before throwing a band aide on it to fix my own mistakes. I try my best to do the right thing. Water quality is always most important in this hobbie for best life of fish keeping. The better the water, the better the fish.

Not trying to sticky nose is here but I think he wanted you to use the Ammolock more as a tourniquet than a bandaid -to keep with the medical similes- just to control the hemmoraging while solving the underlying problem. I am not a big chemical fix person either but sometimes a little assistance while I try to figure what went/is going wrong can give me a little breathing space to think more clearly

Right on! Love my prime! [emoji4]
Ok then, Prime! If Ammolock is unacceptable. But use something to help the fish to not suffer gill irritation and/or damage until the Nitrosomas and Nitrobacter can do their jobs. I'm only advising the "bandaid" until the sore heals as long as we're now using metaphors.

It was an excellent suggestion I just knew that Angel used Prime. Without it Ammolock would be good! :flowers:

It was an excellent suggestion I just knew that Angel used Prime. Without it Ammolock would be good! :flowers:
Thanks for the reply. I simply know how dangerous ammonia can be to a fish's gills and only want to be helpful.

This is why I'm all over these tanks as much as I can for the water changes. I just got too caught up with my girls (bettas) after what all happened. I've been testing a lot and watching. Had to get another test kit cause I was getting low.

This is why I'm all over these tanks as much as I can for the water changes. I just got too caught up with my girls (bettas) after what all happened. I've been testing a lot and watching. Had to get another test kit cause I was getting low.
Good going Angel. As far as getting low on testing supplies...welcome to the hobby of aquarium keeping! Lol

Well! I shut this tank down a few days ago. Added the baby to my 55g betta tank. It will give it more room to grow. And they don't mind sharing. So, in with 5 girl betta's and a catfish. Doing better with more room. Think I got a name picked out finally. Lol! Diamond! Sure shines like one. Little cutie...

Well! I shut this tank down a few days ago. Added the baby to my 55g betta tank. It will give it more room to grow. And they don't mind sharing. So, in with 5 girl betta's and a catfish. Doing better with more room. Think I got a name picked out finally. Lol! Diamond! Sure shines like one. Little cutie...
I think that's a good idea. Not only will Diamond have more room, I've found that "most" do better when not in solitary confinement. I wish her the best.

I think that's a good idea. Not only will Diamond have more room, I've found that "most" do better when not in solitary confinement. I wish her the best.
I thought so too, and it's another tank I don't have to worry about. 2-10gallons down now. I really wanta add my male betta. But, I'll wait a Little longer. I hope. Lol!

I thought so too, and it's another tank I don't have to worry about. 2-10gallons down now. I really wanta add my male betta. But, I'll wait a Little longer. I hope. Lol!
You've done well. I've had as many as 8 tanks in my home at once. I spent so much time with maintenance that I couldn't enjoy the serenity of just sitting and watching the fish swim. To be honest, my big tank isn't too serene right now. My 4 angel fish are just coming into adulthood. I think I wound up with one female and 3 males. They are constantly fighting like dogs. Angel fish didn't get their name from their temperament...typical cichlids. Lol

You've done well. I've had as many as 8 tanks in my home at once. I spent so much time with maintenance that I couldn't enjoy the serenity of just sitting and watching the fish swim. To be honest, my big tank isn't too serene right now. My 4 angel fish are just coming into adulthood. I think I wound up with one female and 3 males. They are constantly fighting like dogs. Angel fish didn't get their name from their temperament...typical cichlids. Lol
Lol! Yeah, named my daughter Angel. Think I picked the wrong name for her too. Lol! She looks like one though.

Back
Top Bottom