seriously

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lkenn80

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Yesterday I stopped by petsmart, just to kill some time. I went looking at the fish. EVERY tank in the store had ich. A lot of the fish were completely COVERED in it. Seriously how do they expect to sell anything. And then the sales person gave me attitude when I told my son we weren't going to buy anything because they were all sick. I had just got done hearing her tell this other lady how she had raised fish for years, and had tons of experience. When I said they all had ich, she looked as if she had no clue what I was talking about, and I really don't think she was just playing dumb.

Sad to see this kind of stuff. I guess its to online ordering for me.

If I had a dollar for every post about Petsmart, Petco, Pet whatever and their inconcistencies, I would never have to work!

You may find a good store with friendly employees and then go to one half an hour away and encounter your situation. I get all my advice from here and get my fish from a reliable LFS. Have you searched for any local fish stores, they are in just about any town and often times they are your best bet for healthy fish.

We had a chain store that used to be horrible. Enough complaints to upper management and a huge decrease in sales made the store sit up and take notice. They have since rebuilt the department and have a full-time employee whose only job is to care for the fish and share her knowledge.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease and, in my case, it worked to my advantage in a big way.

If you complain to a staff person and they're obviously gobsmacked by what you're trying to tell them, go to higher management. They will listen, I can guarantee you.

One of the tanks at my local petsmart very clearly had ich. Obviously I didn't buy any of the fish from the store, but I felt so bad for the people buying fish that were completely unaware of what was happening. It makes me wonder if they knew what was happening or if they were ignoring it to make a sale.

Back
Top Bottom