Setting the combination for my ten gallons tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nreyes6316

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everybody

I am thinking to set a 10 gallons tank with some small fishes like 4 guppies or danios or endler's livebearer, 2 dwarf gourami, and 3 or 4 cory catfish or schrimp. Is it good?

What would be your advice?

Thanks

I would personally only keep 1 dwarf gourami in a 10 gallon unless it is heavily planted, the 4 cories would be good as long as you stuck to one of the smaller species but you could keep most of those together in a tank. You also have to remember that danios and such are schooling fish and are best kept in a group of 5 or more. dont forget to let your tank cycle either!

Hello everybody

I am thinking to set a 10 gallons tank with some small fishes like 4 guppies or danios or endler's livebearer, 2 dwarf gourami, and 3 or 4 cory catfish or schrimp. Is it good?

What would be your advice?

Thanks

I'd say as long as the Cory's are Pygmy, possibablly pandas. Then 3 endlers, guppys have a much heavier bioload. And a honey gourami would be better, but a dwarf works, so how bout
4 Pygmy Cory's
3 endlers
1 dwarf gourami

I'd say as long as the Cory's are Pygmy, possibablly pandas. Then 3 endlers, guppys have a much heavier bioload. And a honey gourami would be better, but a dwarf works, so how bout
4 Pygmy Cory's
3 endlers
1 dwarf gourami

+1 agreed also false julii cory's is an option they stay pretty small

Thanks for your advice. I will follow it and I will let you know what kind of fish I will get.

Thanks

Guys I have two more questions. I will finish with 4 corey, 3 endlers and 1 honey gourami. What shoud be putting first, second, and third in the aquarium? And What shoud be the lead time in order to introduce a new specie?

Thanks!!!!

Guys I have two more questions. I will finish with 4 corey, 3 endlers and 1 honey gourami. What shoud be putting first, second, and third in the aquarium? And What shoud be the lead time in order to introduce a new specie?

Thanks!!!!

3 endlers then honey then Cory's, at least a week apart. Also is it cycled? Don't remember o

Thanks for your advice. Yes it is cycled

I will post a picture of my tank when it is ready!!!!

Hello guys,

I have questions. I need to know the combination of genders for endlers, gourami and corys.

I have read I need to put 1 male endler for two or three females (what can I do with frys when they come? They would over populate my tank I think.

For gouramies, I know one male and one female to avoid fights between them but I need to aware when the female is pregnant.

Finally, how many females and males for cory can I have? I would try to put 5 of them instead of 4 because I read they are schooling fish and they do better in large groups

Please give me your final advice!!!

Back
Top Bottom