South American Centerpiece Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tropical said:
Honestly, I found no difference between my Bolivian ram and German Blue ram, other than the German Blue was more colorful. My BR died a few weeks after I got it, from what i'm assuming was just a bad stock. My german blue ram is much prettier, and needs no extra care. Weekly water changes and good food will do it. I'd say to try out the german blue rams.

So would 2 German blue rams work? More, less?

So let's say that I find 2 females and 1 male, would that many work? Sorry I'm new to cichlids and don't know anything about them.

Yes that would work. I have a hard time with my rams getting along. My two males do not like each other and constantly fight over the female, which is why I would simply love to rehome her and the other male...

bruinsbro1997 said:
Yes that would work. I have a hard time with my rams getting along. My two males do not like each other and constantly fight over the female, which is why I would simply love to rehome her and the other male...

Aw thats sad. I've read about telling apart the sexes of Bolivian rams, how do you do that with German blue rams?

Males have longer fins and blacker coloration. Also, if you look at a spot that is on their top right side and it is blue that means its a female, if not and its solid black its a male.

Back
Top Bottom