species name needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crittergal

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am going to atempt to discribe a fish that I am looking for from the back of my old mind lol I kinda looks like a angel in body but fins are not as flowing as angel .I believe it had a couple vertical stripes on it ,believe it could be large in size . Its not a black tetra, phantom tetra. or silver dollar and it is silver in color thanks for any imput

thats it mono I remember the name soon as you posted it. In the back of my mind I was thinking it started with M or P . Now what family is it I know nothing about them but thinking of trying to find a couple if conditions are right Do you know of a site I can look them up on ?? thank you so much cause this has been driving me crazy trying to remember the name yet alone where I saw them ,but I like them

thats it mono I remember the name soon as you posted it. In the back of my mind I was thinking it started with M or P . Now what family is it I know nothing about them but thinking of trying to find a couple if conditions are right Do you know of a site I can look them up on ?? thank you so much cause this has been driving me crazy trying to remember the name yet alone where I saw them ,but I like them

Just remember that there are more than 1 type of Monos. These are Monodactylus Sebae. They can be a brackish water fish/ saltwater fish/ freshwater fish. Make sure you get ones that are compatable with your setup. ;)

(y)

If you type in Mono Sebae in any search engine you can find tons of info on them. I kept them years ago, but I kept them in a marine tank. They are a brackish water fish, but do very well in full salt water tanks. They actually get a touch more color in salt water. From what I remember they were a fairly peaceful fish. I kept them with Scats, and Orange Chromides.

Just remember that there are more than 1 type of Monos. These are Monodactylus Sebae. They can be a brackish water fish/ saltwater fish/ freshwater fish. Make sure you get ones that are compatable with your setup. ;)

(y)
Right there are several species. The most colorful( if you want to call it that) is the Sebae. These are the ones I kept.

Back
Top Bottom