Stocking advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DannyBWell

Aquarium Advice Activist
I want to put marble veil angelfish in my 75 gallon that I'm getting in a couple of weeks and am wondering what fish would go well with the I'm trying to go for more colorful fish also

I want to put marble veil angelfish in my 75 gallon that I'm getting in a couple of weeks and am wondering what fish would go well with the I'm trying to go for more colorful fish also

Maybe get 4 angels
12 rainbowfish (boesmani or Australian?)
12 Cory cats
10 of the bigger tetras
2 GBR
2 apistogramma agasizzi "triple red"

Some gourami species do well with angels. A lot of them have very pretty colors.

Maybe get 4 angels
12 rainbowfish (boesmani or Australian?)
12 Cory cats
10 of the bigger tetras
2 GBR
2 apistogramma agasizzi "triple red"

I was thinking about maybe neon tetras and black skirts

I think I'm going to go with 4 angelfish 8 cory cats 12 ram chichlid 12 black skirt tetras I researched them all and they are all pretty peaceful fish

I think I'm going to go with 4 angelfish 8 cory cats 12 ram chichlid 12 black skirt tetras I researched them all and they are all pretty peaceful fish

The rams sure arent if you have 12! I'd suggest 2. You might be able to get away with 4 (2 m/2 f)

Also are giant danios ok to have I've read they are and they aren't

Would 4 angelfish 8 Cory cats 12 black skirts 2 rams and 12 giant danios/ or 12 rainbow fish be ok?

Do you know of other tetras that would go well with angelfish I read that lemon tetra would be ok buy have no knowledge on them

Congo tetras would look fantastic. Perhaps some Boesemani rainbows too?

I think many will agree that there are 3 basic types of fish when it comes to movement. You have the danios & barbs that are very fast and high energy. You have the moderate-semi schooling fish like tetras and some cichlids, and you have the slower, graceful, stately moving fish like angels, gouramis and discus. This is a generalization but covers the basics.
It really depends on what type of "atmosphere" you want to create for your tank. The danio group is high speed, all over the tank like a flash mob moving through. Mixing them with slow movers like can really stress the latter and keep them from their normal behavior.
I just kept nine zebra danios for my daughter while she redid her tank for about 5 weeks. My tetras would not do their normal schooling because of the danio "flash mob" moving through all the time. Now that the danios are gone my tetras are back to schooling nicely at the front of the tank again. Hope this helps. OS.

Back
Top Bottom