Stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I need to invest in a rainbow fish set up soon!

Have you looked at pacific blue eyes (pseudomugil signifer). They're one of the nano rainbows. People use them often in ponds because they don't eat frogs eggs. They look really cool in tropical conditions bright blue eyes and fancy fin work. I can get them cheaper then guppies!

I'm not good with fish anatomy so I don't know what fin it is but I really like that long extended fin on top!
Might be called dorsal fin but idk.

I love my fish!!!

In my tank I'm mixing swordtails with platies, very nice fish and not as boring as tetras, they like to pick at food that's leftover on the ground they pick at the rock, the plants, are actively swimming around, not like my tetras who just float and just sit there, my swordtails get along with my tetras, cleaner fish, ghost shrimp and RCS, and my very shy ralphael catfish, and my longfin cherry barbs c: and what's best is they are livebearers and easy to tell males from females

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425425170.835560.jpg

Located in Groves Texas

That's cool they are close enough they can mix? I've heard of people mixing endlers and guppies

I love my fish!!!

You can mix mollies with guppies and platies with swordtails, I like these a lot right now cause you can buy one male that you really like then just buy different females and wait for them to breed and hope you get something different and cool

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425444681.842235.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425444681.842235.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425444681.842235.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 30
Two new ones I bought yesterday, hoping to have some with the sail fin and then later breed them with different ones

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425444801.035129.jpg

Located in Groves Texas

That's so cool! I wish I had another tank to have a little selective breeding project in!

Does it take a long time for them to breed because they are dif species and are just a pair not a group?

I love my fish!!!

I just bought these, so idk lol he has like 7-8 different females to breed with since he's the only male right now lol but I'm hopefully they get pregnant soon to see what comes out!

Located in Groves Texas

My brother is running something similar in a 10gal we have. Trying to convince him to convert it to a fully planted setup and get some shrimp, CPDs and threadfins....

Back
Top Bottom