stocking question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pisan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
55 gallon sunsun 304b with a aquaclear 70 so filtration is not an issue canister is primarily biological and AC 70 is only mechanical so...

current fish

9 pearl danio ................. plan on reducing to 6

2 dwarf gourami ............

2 corydoras .................. plan on adding 3 more

3 cherry barbs .............. plan on adding 3 more

adding fish

5 or 6 glow light tetras orange or yellow . wife's choice

5 rummy nose tetra or painted platy

1 rio negro L135 pleco

and 1 or 2 German blue rams or Bolivian rams l .. what say the board . ??

aqadvisor says 78% stocked 20% wc weekly and filter ratio is 500%

i know you are adding 3 more but I would say add even more corys. they love being groups and you'll see more interesting behavior. What kind of substrate are you using/planning on because it is recommended to get softer substrate like sand for their barbels.

I would also say bump up your rummy nose to 8-12 as they are probably the best schoolers you have in your tank.

Why are you decreasing your pearl danios? are they not good schoolers? (never had them, but i always hear people recommend them)

on your rams just make sure you have distinct areas territories they can inhabit on separate sides of the tank if you get two because you might not get different sexes and they might get territorial

as for you pleco: I would check out the size they can get because some can get massive. and some can get mean

Back
Top Bottom