Stocking suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edgerton

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, just looking for suggestions for something to finish my tank off with.

Currently have a 60 gallon with 1 Redtail Shark, 1 Pearl gourami, 1 golden gourami and 2 blue gourami. Also have 6 albino cory cats and 1 pleko. Not sure what kind of pleko it s but will be watching it grow and rehome it if it gets too big.

Anyhow, hoping to visit LFS tomorrow to get some fish to finish the tank off with. I am thinking Boesmani Rainbows, 6 - 10 of them. Not sure if they will have these in stock or how much they will be. But I am open to other suggestions though.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Or what about a Severum or one of the less aggressive Chicilids? I would really appreciate some advice as I am still new to this hobby.
Thanks!

Severum are great fish I just down know if a juvie will get beaten up by a larger gouramie. Its surprising you have that many gouramies with out aggression. If you can find a larger sev it will do fine but I would go with your original route of rainbows.

thanks for the advice. The pearl gourami is definitely the boss of the tank right now. It is only about 2.5" in size as are the rest of the gourami. The pearl will chase the others around but no nipping or sever aggression... no fins or tails missing pieces anyways. The redtail shark is also only about 1.5-2". I think if I were to go the severum route it would also be wise to get a younger one aroun 2 - 3" as well.

I'd go with the boesemani rainbows. Mine are really colourful and awesome.

Back
Top Bottom