Tank Mates for Tiger Barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

podge387

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a ten gallon with 4 tiger barbs what other type of fish could i get ? I know that tiger's are notorius tail bitters so what are some good options?

any other type of barb like cherry green albino and many others. i would not put anything other than barbs in that tank because its such a tiny tank. your barbs will also school together but rember to always have a even numb3er of fish so none get left without a buddy :mrgreen:

Yo-yo loaches are active and will go throughout the entire tank.

Skunks are tougher and don't usually bother other fish often, but they are also a bit more shy and stick to the bottom more than yo-yos.

I'd say upgrade your tank so you can have more tiger barbs and some loaches. If you go with yo-yos I'd say get either 1 or 3+. With Skunks I noticed no difference in having 1, 2 or 3 in my tank (as far as behavior but there will always be one slightly more dominant one).

patryuji said:
Skunks are tougher and don't usually bother other fish often, but they are also a bit more shy and stick to the bottom more than yo-yos.

I'd have to disagree, my skunks are quite aggressive toward other fish, they are very active and are always on the move.

Yo-yos may be too big for a 10g (6"). Zebra Loaches dont get much bigger than 2" and have the same wacky personalities.

Back
Top Bottom