Tankmates for severum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tigroscr

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 3 inch Gold Severum in my 40 g with swordtails and yo- yo loaches, but as soon as I get my 55 g set back up and cycled I want to move him to it considering they can get up to 8-10 inches. Any ideas on tank mates that would go good with him?

I think I've finally decided to go with discus for my 55 g. But I want to move my little gold Severum from my 40g into the 55 as well. Does anybody on here have discus that could tell me if this would work or should I go with something else? I've really wanted discus for a long time will a 55g be ok for them? My gold Severum is a gentle little fish only about 3 inches and he's in a tank with red swordtails and scissor tails and a couple yo-yo loaches and gets along just fine with them, but I know I need to move him to a bigger tank soon. Appreciate any info.:)

One of my friends keeps a 5inch gold severum with his discus. The only difference is that he has a 100 gallon tank.
But to answer your question, YES, severum and discus are compatible!

I personally would keep the severum in the 40 gallon. Your current setup with the scissortail rasboras and yoyo loaches is perfect for him.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it ...... :brows:

That would keep your 55gallon completely reserved for your discus. They do best in a species-only tank with minimal community fish (i.e. a school of corydoras and cardinals)

Back
Top Bottom