Testing confusion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish_are_friends

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just started a tank about a month ago. I have 2 dalmatian mollies in a 10g tank and just did my first test of the water (I've been testing ammonia only until my test kit came in) My results came up to
PH-7.6
Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate- between 0 and 5ppm
What does this mean?

it means you are probably cycled! are you doing water changes? i would test everyday for the next few days (with liquid tests) to make sure that the numbers are steady then i'd do a water change of about 50% making sure to use a water conditioner. most people recommend seachem's PRIME. water changes are about the best thing you can do for your fish and the health of your aquarium so do your weekly changes. i would wait another 1-2 weeks and then clean the gravel. good luck! :)

I thought these were good levels but its odd because I only started my tank up about 3 and 1/2 weeks ago. I've been doing daily pwc's of about 40-50% so I'll keep up with that. I've been using the water conditioner that came with the tank which is aqueon. I'll keep doing testings every day to make sure they stay stead. Thanks =]

Back
Top Bottom