These thingys...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talon242

Aquarium Advice Freak
There are these tiny clear things (round shaped) with smaller white dots on them and they are attached to some of the plants I just bought. They don't seem to move, maybe eggs or something of something? :?

I tried to get a pic but it came out really fuzzy, the camera doesn't have a manual focus but I'll try again tomorrow, maybe I'll have better luck.

EMERGENCY!!!

Get rid of them as quickly as possible
I'm almost sure they are burrowing snail eggs.
I thought they looked cute when I had about fifty but now that I have literally thousands they are true pests!
They start off for the first year by burrowing(good for plants). Then when the gravel is full it starts undulating. Then they will cover all the gravel, plants and glass. You can't even get rid of them with copper treatments.
My advice to you from experience is: DON'T TAKE THE RISK!!!!

I'll get them out when I get home from work, its going to be hard to find all of them but I will try.

heck, I had, and I do mean had, tons of snails in my tanks, that is till i dropped the loaches in a few tanks, and the puffers in other tanks. now I cant see a snail in any of my tanks.

Back
Top Bottom