thinking about L200

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coel

Aquarium Advice Freak
So since my 75 is getting full planted etc I have a question about L200 or the green phantom pleco. My major question is how big do they get? Ive seen conflicting info about it being Baryancistrus demantoides or Hemiancistrus subviridis and they seem to have conflicting max sizes. Any help?

So since my 75 is getting full planted etc I have a question about L200 or the green phantom pleco. My major question is how big do they get? Ive seen conflicting info about it being Baryancistrus demantoides or Hemiancistrus subviridis and they seem to have conflicting max sizes. Any help?

The high fin gets closer to 8 inches, and the subviridis gets to almost 7 inches.
They look the same but they're different species. If you want to be sure which one you have, look at the dorsal fin's rays and if it isn't branched then its subviridis.

So ill look at getting the sub. How fragile are they?

Well, in the beginning they're fragile, since most if not all are wild caught. You need to be very careful with acclimation and diet. Once established though, they're tough! Mine was rocking the tank before she died.

L200s are crazy hard to find unless you have a really good lfs

You might have to get in contact with a breeder so ask around for contacts

I got mine at my lfs and he had had several since so there must be breeders out there

Can I ask what lfs you used? Nj isn't that far and if its near philly its easier my brother lives there

L200s are crazy hard to find unless you have a really good lfs

You might have to get in contact with a breeder so ask around for contacts

I got mine at my lfs and he had had several since so there must be breeders out there

Trust me, there are no breeders out there. Only a very select few people have managed to breed these guys almost all of them are wild caught. That is why I'm making it my mission to breed these guys, to make them more available to the public.

Back
Top Bottom