thinking of ember tetras?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have always just crushed up flakes for mine. Never had an issue.
Mine also went crazy for the egg yolk concoctions I have fed guppy fry, but all fish do IME.

I fed some flake last night and they knew what to do, pretty sure the lfs doesn't jump through hoops to feed them (green flake for all)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi ,I just picked up 3 ember tetras for my 10 gal the other day. They are quite small but happy and cute (at least I think they are embers). In the tank I also have 6 neons tetras, and 3 glowlight tetras, and 4 ghost shrimp. I still plan to pick up two more glowlights in another week or two. All of the fish swim all over the tank and school with each other, maybe because they are all the same size more or less. I do twice a day head counts and so far so good. That is the first that I have seen embers for sale and I bought all they had.:). Good luck with your new babies. Alison :)

The embers took to the tank nicely, they actually hang out by the co2 difuser and play in the bubbles, or under the Ludwiga leaves to catch a little shade. Their presence has coaxed my apistos out of hiding which is really what I was going for, hasn't even nibbled at the smallest, lamest one once. All in all? Very happy with these embers!

I'll do my best! Give me a bit, i have to put on their favorite song first. .

Edit- or gillie.. you think Mr pisto ate them already and I'm just bluffing;)

Last edited:
I'll do my best! Give me a bit, i have to put on their favorite song first. .

Edit- or gillie.. you think Mr pisto ate them already and I'm just bluffing;)

Lol no mine just never stayed in one place long enough and was infinitely frustrated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lol no mine just never stayed in one place long enough and was infinitely frustrated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Best I could do for now, told panduro pic was for uncle gillie!

Attachments

• 1408138613780.jpg
    1408138613780.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 94
That's the lone male in the 30, the pair has yet to spawn in the 10

would an full grown angelfish eat those??

I imagine they would. There always seems to be a warning about keeping Angels with Neons lest they make a meal out of them, and the Embers are about half the size of Neons. I have Cherry Shrimp that are bigger than these guys. :lol:

would an full grown angelfish eat those??

Yep. I had a heater malfunction and had to float a bag of embers in an angel tank for a bit to get them out of their own super heated tank. I promise if I had opened that bag those angels would have devoured them before they even adjusted. Angels key in on small, shiny fish sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom