Time to restart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buckfins

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok...my tank is pretty much void of most of the fish I had except my RTS, dragon betta and cleaning crew. Now I have to figure out what to restock it with. It's a 55g with a lotta plants and good pieces of driftwood. Haven't stocked in a long time so I could use some help in deciding. Much appreciated.

Oh man, you have endless options.
A dwarf gourami, 15-20 neons, and a GBR pair.
If you aren't worried about the betta possibly being killed you could do a few angels and bunch of cories.

I was actually thinking about angels. I have two marineland 350's for filtration. I was kinda worried about the current being a bit much for angelfish. What do u think?

Oscar, that is kinda what I was thinking. I have two marineland 350's for filtration. Would that be too much of current for them? I know that angels don't really like a lot of current and that it might slow their growth because they spend more energy fighting the current. At least that is what I have read. Any truth to this?

Im not an expert with canisters haha but is the filters have moveable input tubes you can adjust them so they are pointed to different areas to reduce flow. But someone that knows more about that part will chime in eventually.

These are HOB of tank. They use the bio wheels for the biological part of it. There are two intakes...one at the top and bottom for two levels of filtration. They do put out a good current, but the intake tube has an adjustable intake at the top. Would that maybe lessen the current?

O crap lol. I reply to a lit of threads so i get them mixed up sorry about that. Um i dont think it will be that bad. It will probably be fine. But if it does become to much for them just have bigish decorations in there and it will help slow down the current a litttle.

If you point the outs from the canister filter towards the walls of the tank it will help. You could also put some sort of large decoration in the way of the out to break the currents.

If they are hang on the back filters, there won't be too much current.

I have the same filter. Closing the upper intake will not decrease the output, it will only increase the suction at the lower intake.

Well they do not put out like a canister filter that is for sure. Thanks for the info on the intakes. Wasn't sure bout that, but now I know :)

Back
Top Bottom