Tiny Tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
do the fish need a heated tank?

wouldnt the water get stagnant real fast?

a neat idea though, well maybe not for the fish

Well considering that there aren't any fish in those tanks, I doubt it's a problem.

The tanks do look pretty cool while stocked with plants.

However, IMHO (and sorry if I am being over-opinionated), they look like fish torture chambers to me. Perhaps that may sound a bit extreme but in my opinion subjecting any fish to that sort of living environment would be morally wrong and very bad for the fish -physically and mentally.

Just my .02

Thanks for sharing though, they are cute decorations :)

Best,
Joe

They are not meant for fish at all. They are meant for decoration, and mosltly just a personal challenge for the aquascaper. I really like them, but nobody who cares about fish would ever put one in there. No need to worry.

Yeah, I wouldn't even put a shrimp or snail in there..:) The tanks would be a challenge to get light over it (without losing it all) and to find plants small enough to put in there. It would be a good project for someone who couldn't afford to setup a big planted tank....just try your hand at the tiny ones!

I couldent afford a big planted set up, so i just set up a little 5gal with some ottos, shrimp and i have a dwarf puffer on the way. The tank still cost me around 50 bucks canadian though. Now that i have all the plants, i am going to try the tiny tank thing. I will have to keep my eye out for something tiny enough to use as a tank.

Obviously, not a habitat for anything long-term.

But it would be fun to put a new guppy fry in there, and a newborn snail, take a picture and put the animals back. I think I would die of cute! Someone do it--quick! I need some cute--

I'd say it depends on the size. Some of the larger ones shown could easily house small snails, but most of them were too small. Definitely neat aquascape showings though.

I'm sure it could be done. I'll try my hand at one sometime in the future. Just need to find the proper "tank". :)

Purrbox said:
Well considering that there aren't any fish in those tanks, I doubt it's a problem.

i thought the idea was inspired after they found the worlds smallest fish or something

im thinking about stuffing a pacu in one...

Back
Top Bottom