Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-04-2016, 03:39 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Tips on breeding cichlids?

I want to breed my African cichlids (I've already had one female hold for a bit but I think she swallowed them) my tank is an 80 gallon with peacocks and Mbuna. I don't have a separate tank to put the babies but I do have a breeder net. How can I get them to want to breed? I have a high ph and my temperature is at a steady 80 degrees F. If I let them naturally breed and not remove the babies how can I make it so the babies have a better survival chance in the main tank?

Tags
breed, breeding, breeding cichlids, cichlid, cichlids, ich, tips

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com