uh oh... I just had a thought...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rubysoho

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have all the lighting, heating, filtration equipment needed for a 10 gallon tank... And all I'd need to spend was $12 on a glass tank... and I could seed the filter with stuff from my 5 gallon... and this would keep me busy until I get my 55 gallon replacement next week (which has been taking FOREVER!!!). Oh lord, I'm in trouble.

Any suggestions?? I have too many running through my mind to think clearly.

Example:
~heavily planted tank with 3-5 female bettas (I just love them!)
~a firebellied newt paradise, complete with land area
~neon tank
~cory cat tank
~a dwarf puffer tank?
~shelldweller tank?

The last two are ones I'm not sure of. I need to do more research to see if twn gallons would be enough space.

Any other suggestions? Mine are pretty "normal" and I'd like to do something different.

Thanks!

The only one that I could make a comment on is the planted betta or cory tanks.

The betta tank would look really nice...especially with some floating plants. Well, you could do the same with the cory tank as well.

I think a neon only tank is colorful but it would lose it's appeal.

the dwarf puffer tank would have to be heavily heavily planted and i believe only like 3 or 4 puffers could be in there to max it out because they are so messy

i have the same problem, all the equipment but just need a new tank :D

where is BFE Scottm? By the way, welcome to AA! I've noticed a lot of NC'ers joining the board lately. Maybe we can all plan a meeting sometime this fall/winter :D

By the way, I'm still leaning toward the betta tank. I just love those girls and really miss the wonderful trio I use to have (they were wiped out by a nasty mystery disease :( )

oh, or guppies! I know they are way over done on the fish world but I've never tried them... and I suppose I could trade in the babies for more fish stuff :roll:

...I've got baaaaaaaad MTS

BFE is Boone. Thanks for the welcome. A meet would be really cool. I suspect that I know who you are thus the offer to use my stuff.

I suspect I know you too :D Did you just start up a saltwater 20 gallon tank? Or would you be a different Scott??

That would be the very same its 29 gallon though :D I'm having the same problem with mts though I'm doing another planted tank.

The newt tank would rock if you got one of those misters too...I've always thought about doing that.

Gotta love bettas :)

Good to see you joined the forum, Scott. I need to come over and see that purdy saltwater tank of yours.

Okay, wow! I just went to the fish store for inspiration and boy was that a mistake!!! I almost started a saltwater nano tank. Phew... good thing they didn't have the livesand I'd need to start out with or else I'd be setting up a saltwater tank instead of posting here. I did come home with a 10 gallon tank and a new filter though :oops: Oh, and a list of items I'd need if I wanted to go saltwater. Some one put me in a straight jacket before I get real dangerous.

lol thats what happened to me. I came in to sort out what I needed and came home with live sand, salt and a hydrometer. went back the next day and got live rock too. I know how hard it is to resist (I couldn't). Wait till I get fish before you come and see it its just live rock and inverts now. But yeah I'm looking at those 55 gallon tanks they sell at walmart and I'm going to do a planted tank so I know exactly what you mean.... it never ends.

Back
Top Bottom