Upgrading from a 55 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mollipop1999

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I'm upgrading from 55 becuase our once small baby fancy goldfish are growing into quite the Fish:) they would probably be fine in the 55 long term but we also have a large pleco. They all get along great it's just we want to give them the best and the pleco a good sized home. We have four fancies and the pleco. One of the fancies is a very large moor. I was looking at a 75 gallon plus a stand at petsmart but wanted to get advice before deciding what size to upgrade too, and should I get used or newer. We are leaving on vacation soon and will get the tank when we return so I have time to look and research. Thanks for your help!

So I'm upgrading from 55 becuase our once small baby fancy goldfish are growing into quite the Fish:) they would probably be fine in the 55 long term but we also have a large pleco. They all get along great it's just we want to give them the best and the pleco a good sized home. We have four fancies and the pleco. One of the fancies is a very large moor. I was looking at a 75 gallon plus a stand at petsmart but wanted to get advice before deciding what size to upgrade too, and should I get used or newer. We are leaving on vacation soon and will get the tank when we return so I have time to look and research. Thanks for your help!

What kind of pleco? If it's a common I would say look into rehoming him or getting a bigger tank.
Also how many goldfish are we talkin? They're pretty messy but if there's only a couple IMO, without a common Plec, you could do the 75 with good filtration.
Of course the bigger the better! Try posting this in this in the coldwater forum; you're likely to get a much more sound answer!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What kind of pleco? If it's a common I would say look into rehoming him or getting a bigger tank.
Also how many goldfish are we talkin? They're pretty messy but if there's only a couple IMO, without a common Plec, you could do the 75 with good filtration.
Of course the bigger the better! Try posting this in this in the coldwater forum; you're likely to get a much more sound answer!

Okay, thank you! And four goldfish. We plan to double up on filters. The pleco is either a sailfin or a common, we think sailfin.

What size would the pleco need? He is the main reason we are upgrading.

Back
Top Bottom