Vegetables

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pandicorn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So, I have recently just put in some broccoli stems (blanched, washed, peeled etc.) none of my fish are really going for it, should I just try something else? Or should I just give it time?

Feeding Vegetables

So, I have recently just put in some broccoli stems (blanched, washed, peeled etc.) none of my fish are really going for it, should I just try something else? Or should I just give it time?

Hello Pan...

I feed minced garlic from Spice World. Very nutritional herb. Has a natural antibiotic. My Livebearers and Corydoras really go for it.

B

Broccoli isn't normally something most fish will go after. Blanched zucchini or cucumbers are usually better bets, although I've heard of people feeding squash and bananas too.

+1 peas! My fish love 'em. My male ram gets very territorial over his pea lol. I had an algea eater that loved broccoli and zucchini. Keep in mind they're like babies and you have to try a few times before they decide to like it. They may not recognize it as food yet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Everyone in my tank seems to like blanched zucchini. The tetras like to nibble on it, and when I had my BN plecos, they absolutely went to town.

Hm. I don't think I have any peas atm, I'll try some zucchini or cucumber depending on what I have.

Back
Top Bottom