water change: stress coat +

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LAK

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
very new to this so i do appreciate the advice.

for water changes, after adding stresscoat+ to a bucket of water, how long do i need to wait before i can add this water to the tank? once it becomes room temperature (several hours) or is it better to wait overnight for water to cure.

thanks.

u can add water instantly after adding stress coat or any other water conditioner. I use a aqueon water changer and fill my tanks directly from the faucet. Just try to match the aquarium water temp to the temp coming out of your faucet. If you do it my way make sure to dose the whole volume of the tank with stress coat.

Hey, as Quest84 said, it can be added immediately. You should consider switching to Seachem Prime. I used to use Stress Coat+ but i found that the stress coat left a layer of slime on all my equipment, heaters, filter pipes, decor etc.. Since i switched to Prime i don't have this issue. Prime is also super concentrated and although slighty more expensive than stress coat, will last longer....

Back
Top Bottom